Thursday, December 4, 2008

DOH-MEE-NAY-SHUN.

My darling Dr. Rob,

I have made several rules regarding my use of our sing-along blog, and I feel it is only fair to let you know what they are.
  • I fully intend to refer to you as Dr. Rob in every post. This is mostly because I know that you know that I mean this in a facetious manner, especially because your outgoing voicemail makes me laugh every time I hear it.
  • No, I have not yet forgiven you for deserting me in the Arctic Circle. This will be reflected in the (very) cold winter months ahead if I feel pissy and you tell me about how you ran a marathon in spandex and a tube top. This predisposition may wear away with the passage of time.
  • I reserve the right to edit your entries if (and only if) they involve texts where I tell you about my bowel movements. Sometimes I intend those words only for you, my charming little fecal matter enthusiast.

Part of me is concerned that we will feel additional pressure to perform in our text messaging in order to 'make the blog'. But the other part of me knows that we are always ridiculous and thus won't really have to put on a show in order to make things interesting.

Your presence at my birthday remains mandatory. Any efforts to weasel out will be met with this response: "I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it."

Love forever,

Your non-doctoral pusspaw.

No comments: